Sunday, August 21, 2011

moxie fab + cps

i created this little beauty using inspiration for a couple of sources!  first, moxie fab had a great photo this past week --
moxie fab - tuesday trigger - girly & gutsy
i also loved the title...girly & gutsy!  so, i was pretty excited to try out my hand at this little inspiring photo!

cps provided the next challenge...a great sketch!
here's my take on this little combo...
the first thing that caught my eye in the moxie fab pic was the pink & mustard/gold!  such a fun color combo...and add it the black and white and it just pops...but it's not too overwhelming, either
as i was digging through my stash of goodies i came across these great old looking frames (i think they were from ki memories, but i threw away the packaging, so i could be totally wrong!)  the black frame helped me develop my focal point, and then i found the "love" rub-on!  i love it when cards come together so quickly!
when i was looking at the inspiration photo again, i notices the bold carpet.  when i saw this large flourish-y rub-on (basic grey), i knew it would fit perfectly! :).  then the hearts were punched from my favorite bazzill dot papers!

i really love how this card turned out...i just wish the pics were a little better.  forgive my photo quality - i'm really struggling with an old point & shoot while my nikon is at the camera dr.  i'm not sure if it's the operator, the camera, or what?  but, i didn't want to miss out on these great challenges...and the card will be given tomorrow!   

that's all for tonight!  i'm already 10 minutes past my bed-time, and i HAVE to get to work on time! :)  i'll be posting another "africa" entry this week -- it will be all about youth camp...get ready...

13 comments:

Peggy said...

Awesome card! Love your take on the sketch and I too picked up on the colors from the inspiration!

Jingle said...

Very nice card!

Jennie said...

Nice pop of yellow! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the color combo, and the rub-on looks amazing!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Amber, this is gorgeous! I love your interpretation of the Trigger. The flourish looks great embellished with gems and the popped hearts are a great design element.

Annette said...

awesome card...love the gems and hearts..

sandee said...

Loving the flourish and the LOVE rub on, beautiful card! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave me such a great comment, you sure are appreciated :)

Shelly said...

I love the hearts. In one of my favourite colours, as well as the shape. A lovely take on the colour challenge, as well as the sketch.

Shelly X

Karen B. said...

I really like how your card came out too! What a wonderful way to combine the yellow and pink and black, which scared me to no end! Such a beautiful and stylish card.

Basement Stamper said...

great card, love the colors you chose and that black flourish.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! That black swirl image is lovely with the blings. :o)

Emsworth Girl said...

Congrats on Shout out on TT, what a beautiful card, the colour and bling sparkle!